Betfred isn’t a newbie to sports betting in the Republic of Ireland. This bookmaker’s history dates back to 1967 when it was established by Fred Done (where the “Fred” in Betfred comes about) and his brother. However, from its humble beginnings in Salford, Betfred has gone on to become one of the most popular sportsbooks in Ireland. Currently, Betfred sponsors several high-class sporting events such as the famous Scottish League with the likes of Celtic and Rangers.
Suppose you’re wondering how Betfred ranks in terms of safety and trustworthiness. Here, all gambling-related activities are supervised by the “ever watchful” eyes of the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) and the Gibraltar Gambling Commission (GGC). So, rest assured that you’re betting in a safe environment.
However, are these reasons enough to make Betfred the “go-to” betting platform in an industry where other alternatives are stepping up? Well, that’s what this Betfred bookmaker review aims to establish.
Registration Process at Betfred Ireland
Registration takes place over several pages, but it’s pretty straightforward and should take no longer than a few minutes. Here’s an overview of the sign-up process at Betfred:
- To register, head to the official Betfred site and click on the “Register” icon at the top right corner.
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you have to select a username and a password. Then click the “legal age” checkbox below and hit “Continue.”
- Next, input your personal information – title, first name, last name, and birth date. Note that an incorrect birth date will result in permanent suspension.
- On the following page, input your email, phone number, a security question and a relevant answer.
- After this segment, head to the next page and select your address. Since you’ll be accessing the generic Betfred UK site, click the “is your address outside the UK” icon. Now, populate the sections on the pop-up that appears.
- By clicking “Continue” once more, you land on a page to set a preferred currency and a medium for receiving promotional emails. This is where you can input a promo code, if you have one.
- Finally, click the “Register” icon.
Deposits and Withdrawals at Betfred Ireland
Depositing into your Betfred account is straightforward. Simply head to the deposit section, choose your preferred payment alternative and input the relevant details. Funds are remitted almost instantly (although bank transfers can take up to 48 hours to process).
Here, you can deposit as low as €7 and a maximum of €35,000. However, these values are dependent on the payment alternative you choose.
If you’ve just made a win and you’d like to request a withdrawal, the process at Betfred is not that different. Head to the withdrawals section and input the amount you’d like to withdraw, keeping in mind the relevant limits. Generally, Betfred prompts bettors to use the initial deposit method for withdrawals, save for some exceptions. Here are the major banking methods available at the site:
|Payment Method||Deposit Times||Withdrawal Times||Min Deposit|
|MasterCard||Immediate||3 to 5 working days||€7|
|Visa||Immediate||3 to 5 working days||€7|
|Skrill 1-tap||Immediate||Under 48 hours||€10|
|PayPal||Immediate||Under 48 hours||€10|
|Neteller||Immediate||Under 48 hours||€10|
Note: Irish players must go through account verification to process withdrawals successfully.
Welcome Bonus at Betfred
At this time of writing, Betfred has a sports welcome offer which awards £30 in Free Bets when you make a £10 deposit.
However, this bonus is only available for UK players. As such, Irish based punters are not eligible to claim it. Fortunately, Betfred is a hub of exciting incentives, and bet boosters, so there is a lot to take advantage of when you visit the promotions page. Some of the ongoing promos are:
- Bet 10 get 5 in free bets (Premier League)
- ACCA Insurance
- In-Play Double Delight & Hat-Trick Heaven
- Best Odds Guaranteed
- Free Bets if 2nd Place (Horse Racing), etc.
Sports Betting at Betfred
The sports betting markets at Betfred are as extensive as they come. With easy to find menus, players can sift through their favourite sporting events with the click of a button.
Popular mentions amongst Irish gamblers include:
- Aussie Rules
- Horse Racing
With 29 options to choose from, players can find markets to tally their gambling preferences. That said, one notable feature that Betfred has incorporated into this segment is the PriceYourPunt feature.
Majoring in footballing markets, you can build bets yourself and see how many odds they amount to. So, if you fancy Lionel Messi scoring a goal and PSG having 10 corners in one match, you can build this distinct bet with the PriceYourPunt builder.
Live Betting at Betfred
If you have a penchant for live games, Betfred also has you covered with their “In-play” functionality. Here, you can place bets on live events as they go on. Depending on the event, you can engage the Live Streaming add-on to see games as they progress.