William Hill entered the sports betting market back in 1934. It has gone on to become one of the best sports betting sites in Ireland since its entry into the online gambling sphere in 1998. That said, its online casino was launched two years later (2000).
Although age doesn’t define a bookie, it must have been doing something right to come this far. Fortunately, William Hill doesn’t just bring its long stay to the fore. It’s also a reputable and trustworthy sportsbook with a track record to show for it.
William Hill operates according to the legal dictates of Ireland with a certification from the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). Hence, all gambling activities are regulated and fair.
Although it has amassed quite a following with physical betting shops and multiple online offerings, is William Hill worth the hassle for online gamblers? In this article, we’ll be taking a look at how William Hill fares nowadays in this rather competitive industry.
Registration Process at William Hill
Creating a William Hill account is the first step to placing real money bets at the site.
- Head to the William Hill official site using an Internet-enabled web browser. Once you land on the homepage, click on the legible “Join” icon.
- You’ll be taken to the registration menu, where you’ll need to input your personal details. Then, click the “Continue” icon just below to proceed to the next page.
- Here, you’ll have to input your chosen username, password and choose a security question. You’ll also be prompted to set a deposit limit (Daily, Weekly, and Monthly).
- Next is the “Promo Code” segment. However, William Hill usually has this section automatically filled with the relevant code.
- Hit the “Agree and Join” icon to confirm all previously indicated information.
At William Hill, security is paramount, and as a result, you’ll need to submit documents to verify your identity. Here, proof of address and any valid ID should suffice.
Deposits and Withdrawals at William Hill
To make a deposit, you’ll need to be fully registered. Once you’ve fulfilled all the requirements, tap on the “Deposit” icon at the top right corner. You’ll come across many deposit methods that range from Debit Cards, eWallets, and transfers.
Select your preferred option to deposit, and keep in mind that you’ll usually be required to withdraw with the same method. So, you’d do well to opt for a method that you’re comfortable receiving a payout with.
We’ve gone ahead to provide an overview of the available methods, timelines, and transaction limits at William Hill.
|Payment Method||Deposit Timelines||Withdrawal Timelines||Minimum Deposit|
|Visa||Instant||Up to 3 working days||€5|
|MasterCard||Instant||Up to 3 working days||€5|
|Apple Pay||Instant||3 – 5 working days||€5|
|William Hill Cashdirect||Instant||Instant||€10|
|Neosurf||Instant||3 – 5 working days||€10|
William Hill Welcome Bonus
William Hill offers a sign-up bonus where newbies get €30 of free bets after betting €10. Here’s how you can enter this offer:
- Create a William Hill account. Use the “H30” code in the “bonus code” registration segment.
- Upon registration, place bets on odds of ½ or higher. Make sure that these bets sum up to €10.
- Once the qualifying bet is settled, you can access your free bets in the “Rewards Section.” Free bets are divided into two (€15) denominations.
Although this incentive can boost winning chances for sports bettors, the drawback is that several payment methods are ineligible. That said, players should note that free bets have a 30-day expiry timeline.
Sports Betting at William Hill
William Hill has been in the sports betting scene for over 80 years. With their experience in the versatile industry, it’s only fitting that they host the best sporting events the iGaming community has to offer.
William Hill hosts more than 30 different sports, including:
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
For each category, there are numerous alternatives to place wagers on. When you compare the numbers at William Hill to the competition, it stands out.
Live Betting at William Hill
To access live betting options at William Hill, click the “In Play” icon. Here, you get a hold of numerous sporting categories with events in session. At William Hill, each distinct category features the number of events going on. With this add-on, players can make selections based on their interests.
If you’d like to see live streaming events only, there’s a toggle box you can check. Once checked, you can see streamable events. Although we couldn’t see many events during our stay here, it was pretty smooth regardless.
That said, William Hill has an interesting add-on for Irish players — WH Radio. Using this nifty feature, players can listen to real-time commentary on greyhounds and horse racing events. To hear the commentators converse, just hit the “play” button.