- There's a mobile app/li>
- Decent deposit minimum and maximums
- Site layout is easy to navigate
- Odds are competitive
- Licensed by the UKGC
- Small Welcome Offer
- Poor customer service
Founded in 1997, Sportingbet has become one of the household names in sports betting. However, their 2012 acquisition by William Hill saw their popularity skyrocket amongst gambling Brits. With over 2.5 million patrons from 200 countries, it’s easy to see why Sportingbet is creating an indelible mark in the UK’s iGaming market.
For a bit of insight into how extensive this sportsbook is, there are over 8,000 gambling events taking place daily. With over 30 sporting categories to boot, game variety is what Sportingbet is themed around. Are you interested in a gambling experience that accords you with quality and quantity at the same time? Get that and more when you place wagers at Sportingbet.
That said, the site has made concerted efforts to provide UK gamers a chance at gameplay that’s not only exciting but fair and secure. To reiterate this point, Sportingbet has gone under many checks to be licensed and regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
Without further ado, let’s take a peek into Sportingbet’s sleeves and see what it has to offer punters in the United Kingdom.
Registration Process at Sportingbet
- Visit the Sportingbet platform and click on the “Register” button placed at the top right corner.
- Segmented into different steps, you’ll have to select your country of residence and preferred currency. Now, insert your email address and a strong password. Clicking “Continue” to proceed to the subsequent page.
- On this page, pick a title and enter your first name, last name, and birthdate. Here, ensure you fill in your full name as they are on your ID cards. Once again, click on “Continue.”
- The next page you land on will require your postcode and UK phone number. To ensure this process goes smoothly, suggestions pop up as you type in your distinct postcode. On the list that appears, tap on your real-world address.
- Once you’re done with this, it’s time to select your preferred communication medium for promotional offers. You leave the featured boxes unchecked if you don’t want to receive any.
- Now, tap on the “Create My Account” button.
Note: Sportingbet, in conjunction with UKGC provisions, makes verification compulsory for newly registered accounts. While you’re advised to use your driver’s licence as it’s more comprehensive, Sportingbet also welcomes passport and utility bill uploads.
Deposits and Withdrawals at Sportingbet
If you’d like to deposit funds to your Sportingbet account, there are options that cut across debit cards, e-wallets, and payment vouchers. To fund your account, simply head to the cashier under your profile and choose your preferred banking method. The deposit minimum here is great for regular gamblers, coming in at £10.
Withdrawals also tow the same path as there are several alternatives available. However, it’s crucial to note that while Sportingbet processes payouts in 1 to 2 days, these transactions will take another 24 to 48 hours before they land in your account.
|Payment Methods||Deposit Timelines||Withdrawal Timelines||Minimum Deposit||Fees|
|Fast Bank Transfer||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
|Maestro||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
|Visa||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
|MasterCard||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
|Trustly||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
|MuchBetter||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
|Paypal||Instant||1 – 3 banking days||£10||None|
Note: Withdrawal requests aren’t reversible at Sportingbet.
Welcome Sports Bonus at Sportingbet
Looking to give new players a decent start to their betting adventure, Sportingbet is offering a £10 Backup Bet. Although the value of this bonus might not seem incentivizing enough, it’s a great way for gambling Brits to commence their iGaming journey.
It’s pertinent to understand that the Backup Bet offered by Sportingbet functions similarly to a cashback offer. Here’s how it works:
- Register on Sportingbet and make a £10 deposit.
- Head to the sports category and place wagers on events fielding 1/1 odds.
- If that bet loses, you’ll receive a Backup Bet valued at £10 to extend gameplay.
Note: Once you’ve lost your qualifying bet, the Backup Bet will be issued to you by the platform within 48 hours. Upon receipt, bear in mind that you have seven days to use this incentive. Moving on, eWallet depositors should note that deposits via these mediums won’t be eligible for bonus activation.
Sports Betting at Sportingbet
As we’ve established earlier, Sportingbet is as extensive as it gets when it comes to betting market variety. For some context, this sports betting site features over 30 betting categories. Not only that, they’re one of the best UK bookies in terms of competitive odds.
Here are some Sportingbet categories that are popular amongst UK players:
- Formula 1
- Ice Hockey
That said, the “Build a Bet” add-on featured on some events gives iGamers a chance to make bets that combine different markets. Thus, the prospect of making decent payouts on a regular basis is quite high.
Live Betting at Sportingbet
If you’d like to bet on real-time events as they happen, Sportingbet is the iGaming site for that endeavour. However, players should take note that odd fluctuations in this segment are constant. So, when you see green and red flashes, know that odds are either going up (green) or down (red).
At the sportsbook, you can live stream some events. Although there are limited events, Sportingbet focuses on the popular games. As such, players are in for an exciting viewing experience regardless. To access these offerings, your casino account must be funded.