Starting on a high with its 2008 launch, Sportingbet is now touted as the “Largest Sportsbook in South Africa.” However, this astronomic rise in a very short time wasn’t a coincidence. Instead, it’s thanks to their rock-solid fusion of great odds, generous bonuses, and a beautiful site layout catering to the needs of varying South African punters.
For a bit of insight into how extensive this sportsbook is, there are over 8,000 gambling events taking place daily. With over 30 sporting categories to boot, game variety is what Sportingbet is themed around. Are you interested in a gambling experience that accords you with quality and quantity at the same time? Get that and more when you place wagers at Sportingbet.
That said, the site has made concerted efforts to provide South African gamers a chance at gameplay that’s not only exciting but fair and secure. To reiterate this point, Sportingbet has gone under many checks to be licensed and regulated by the Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board.
Without further ado, let’s take a peek into Sportingbet’s sleeves and see what it has to offer SA punters.
Registration Process at Sportingbet South Africa
- Head to Sportingbet and go through the CAPTCHA requirements. Once you’re done with this segment, you’re automatically redirected to the homepage.
- Click on the “Register” button placed at the top right corner.
- Since this process is segmented into different steps, you’ll have to input your email address in the first section. Clicking “Continue” takes you to the subsequent page where you’re to craft a password.
- When you’re done with this, tap on “Next” to go to the next phase of registration. Here, ensure you fill in your full name as they are on your ID cards.
- Clicking “Next” once more, input your birth date on the next page that pops up. The following page requires that you select an “ID form” and fill in the corresponding number.
- After this, you’ll need to input your home address. To ensure that this process goes smoothly, suggestions pop up for you to make a pick.
- A tap on “Next” takes you to the next page, where you’re asked to select your “Source of Funds” from the drop-down menu.
- Clicking on “Next” takes you to the penultimate page. Here, input your South African phone number. After you’ve clicked “Next” once more, the final sign-up page should come to light.
- Finally, tap on the “Create My Account” button.
Deposits and Withdrawals at Sportingbet South Africa
If you’d like to deposit funds to your Sportingbet account, there are options that cut across cards, mobile payment modes, and vouchers. Simply head to the cashier under your profile and choose your preferred banking method. The deposit minimum here is great for regular gamblers, coming in at R10.
Withdrawals also tow the same path as there are several alternatives available. However, it’s pertinent to note that payouts can only be processed when your FICA documents have been verified. There’s a minimum of R50 for withdrawals.
While deposits are instant transactions, withdrawals, due to some checks, might take up to 48 hours to reflect in your account.
|Payment Methods||Deposit Timelines||Withdrawal Timelines|
|FNB eWallet||N/A||Within 24 hours|
|Visa||Instant||2 – 4 working days|
|MasterCard||Instant||2 – 4 working days|
|Electronic Funds Transfer||Instant||2 – 4 working days|
|Skrill||Instant||Within 24 hours|
Welcome Sports Bonus at Sportingbet South Africa
At Sportingbet, South African players are eligible for a First Deposit Bonus of 100% up to R2,000. To activate this offer, there’s a minimum deposit of R10 required. And it is crucial to note that deposits made via Skrill and Neteller are excluded from this offer.
To receive the bonus, players must make a first-time deposit within 30 days of registration. Once you receive this bonus, you’ll have to attain the wagering requirement of 3x attached. For wagers to count towards wagering, you need to place bets on events that feature odds of 1.5 or higher.
Note that “Cash Out” bets won’t count towards wagering requirements. Additionally, these provisions must be fulfilled within 30 days or else the bonus expires, and all winnings attached are voided by Sportingbet.
Sports Betting at Sportingbet South Africa
As we’ve established earlier, Sportingbet is as extensive as it gets when it comes to betting market variety. For some context, this sports betting site features over 30 betting categories. Not only that, they’re one of the best South African sportsbooks in terms of competitive odds.
Here are some Sportingbet categories that are popular amongst South African players:
- Formula 1
- Ice Hockey
That said, the “Build a Bet” add-on featured on some events gives iGamers a chance to make bets that combine different markets. Thus, the prospect of making decent payouts on a regular basis is quite high.
Live Betting at Sportingbet South Africa
If you’d like to bet on real-time events as they happen, Sportingbet is the iGaming site for that endeavour. However, players should take note that odd fluctuations in this segment are constant. So, when you see green and red flashes, know that odds are either going up (green) or down (red).
At the sportsbook, you can live stream some events. Although there are limited events, Sportingbet focuses on the popular games. As such, players are in for an exciting viewing experience regardless.