Main provisions of Gambling Law
The gambling law in Cameroon was written in 1989 and then modified in 2004. In this law, the regulations towards gambling are specified.
Article 16 of Cameroon's gambling law specifies the restrictions on participants in gambling games:
They may not participate in casino games, betting, or public lotteries:
- Minors under the age of 18;
- Uniformed military and law enforcement personnel;
- Individuals in a state of inebriation or likely to cause a disturbance or incident or incidents;
- Any person to whom the Minister is responsible for games.
Furthermore, in section III, article 82, the gaming law details online gaming and participants in the country:
ARTICLE 82 (1) An online gaming or wagering promoter is any person who, on a regular basis, offers online gaming or wagering services with monetary value to the public. Offers to the public online gaming or wagering services with a monetary value wagering with a monetary value at stake, the terms, and conditions of which are defined by means of regulations which constitute a contract of adhesion to the game subject to the acceptance of the players.
(2) An online gambler or bettor is any person who accepts a contract of adherence to the game offered by an online gaming or online betting operator.
(3) The online gaming category includes:
- online gambling
- online poker.