What does Asian Handicap + 2.25 / – 2.25 Mean?
An Asian handicap +/-2.25 is a quarter line that starts off the favourite team on a deficit of 2.25 goals and the underdog on a surplus of the same number of goals. The idea behind the quarter line is that it constitutes an each-way bet that splits between two intervals. In other words, the 2.25 Asian handicap is a split bet between the 2 and 2.5 handicap lines.
Here’s an example for context:
If you were to bet £10 on Asian handicap 2.25, you’re actually betting £5 on 2 and £5 on 2.5. You get the full payout if both bets win, but you also get returns if only one margin wins. Draws are not a feasible outcome where Asian handicapping is concerned. So whenever the outcome is tied with the handicap line, it is considered a ‘push.’
Since this market allows you to split your stake on a team over two handicaps, you get an Alternative Asian Handicap (AAH) within the same bet.
What does -2.25 Asian Handicap Mean?
The handicap with the negative coefficient is the favourite team. A £10 bet on alternative Asian handicap -2.25 means:
- £5 will go towards -2
- £5 will go towards -2.5
Effectively each bet is calculated separately, and the possible outcomes are given below:
- If the team wins by 3 goals or more, both sides of the bet win.
- If the team wins by 2 goals, the -2.5 handicap loses, while the -2 handicap is a push, and half your bet is refunded.
- If the team wins by 1 goal, plays a draw or loses, both sides of the bet lose.
What does +2.25 Asian Handicap Mean?
The handicap with the positive coefficient is the underdog team. A £10 bet on alternative Asian handicap +2.25 means:
- £5 will go towards +2
- £5 will go towards +2.5
The possible outcomes are given below:
- If the team wins, draws or loses by 1 goal, both sides of the bet win.
- If the team loses by 2, the +2.5 handicap wins, while the +2 handicap is a push, and half your bet is refunded.
- If the team loses by 3 or more, both sides of the bet lose.
Here’s an overview extracted from the Asian handicap chart:
|Line||Game Total Goals||Bet Result||Line||Game Total Goals||Bet Result|
|-2.25||Win by 3 or more||Win||+2.25||Win, draw, or lose by 1||Win|
|Win by 2||Lose half||Lose by 2||Win half|
|Win by 1, draw or lose||lose||Lose by 3 or more||lose|
Outcomes for Asian handicap 2.25 Explained
There are four possible outcomes with these bets:
- Full Win: Both bets win
- Half Win: One bet wins, and the other bet push (stake refund)
- Half Lose: One bet push (stake refund) and the other bet loses
- Full Loss: Both bets lose
Start Betting on the 2, 2.5 Asian Handicap
We’ve detailed all that the alternative Asian handicap 2.25 entails, and with the chart extract, bettors can easily begin betting on this option at the sportsbook. Like other Asian handicap markets, the 2, 2.5 Asian Handicap offers great value and a higher chance of return on investment over time.